View Single Post

Old 08-01-2017, 12:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.93 MB
Thank you Don, Elliott and Christian. I noticed that you were getting into Card Modelling while working you're away from home. Good luck with it, have you started anything yet?

Here's one last pic of the AA Guns before I pack them away for a while. They'll be fitted later on in the build to avoid any damage.

Another step forward is the PE railing for the AA Gun Platform. This was a bit tricky to fit, as the stanchions on the aftermarket stuff I bought are a bit further apart than the positions indicated in the kit. This puts them a bit out of alignment as they travel around the bends, but I can live with it.

There are also two tiny eyebolts to accept some rigging. I didn't notice these until I'd finished everything else, it would have been easier to drill the holes for them earlier. I made them from 0.2mm wire, shaped like a split-pin and CA'd in.

Cheers, Danny
Attached Thumbnails
IJN Amatsukaze 1940, 1:200 Halinski-railing-aa-platform-5-.jpg   IJN Amatsukaze 1940, 1:200 Halinski-railing-aa-platform-4-.jpg   IJN Amatsukaze 1940, 1:200 Halinski-railing-aa-platform-3-.jpg   IJN Amatsukaze 1940, 1:200 Halinski-railing-aa-platform-2-.jpg   IJN Amatsukaze 1940, 1:200 Halinski-railing-aa-platform-1-.jpg  

IJN Amatsukaze 1940, 1:200 Halinski-aa-guns-scale.jpg