View Single Post

Old 08-16-2017, 06:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
The "indigenous race" on that planet is wiped out by David releasing the pathogen.
Thats what I read.
But the city, buildings and rooms didn't look like the home of a big and tall race.
At least not to me.
I think this is just a mistake on Ridley Scott's part, because this supposedly is the Engineers home world.

If you haven't seen the Covenant Prequel, it is here:
Alien: Covenant - Prologue: The Crossing - IGN Video

On the journey, Shaw fixed up David and the pair formed an emotional bond.
Once Elizabeth went into cryosleep for the long trip, David – now free with the death of Weyland – was left alone
and began to learn about how the Engineers work.
By the time he arrived on their planet, he’d decreed them a failure and instigated a mass extermination,
dropping thousands of pods of the black goo pathogen over the central citadel
and littering the planet with pods of black spores.
Somehow his ship crashed and he began experimenting further with their tech to create a refined version.
Once he’d exhausted his options there, David then turned his eye to getting off the planet,
setting up Shaw’s recognizably human Country Roads cover as a distress beacon.

When alone on the planet, David begins to probe the possibilities of the pathogen,
experimenting on the surviving Engineers and Shaw.
He endeavors to perfect the process, breeding the pods a la Mendelian inheritance
until he reaches his perfect organism: the movie’s protomorph, a nearly-finished xenomorph.
He develops the eggs and facehugger, needing just a host to birth his creation
– and he gets just that when the Covenant arrives, using Captain Oram as the protomorph’s “mother.”

Now...explain to me how Predator visits Los Angeles in 1989, with a trophy skull of an Alien
if David hasn't created the Xenomorph until more than a hundred years later?