View Single Post

Old 08-23-2017, 05:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Some final thoughts on this build:
As someone who likes to figure out designs by myself, it was actually fun to build the pre-release version and mostly without instructions. This version had a lot of quirks that have been amended for the final version (see download link above).

I am originally not a fan of sticking photos on a model rather than having a proper more graphic art-work. But getting some insights on how my father came up with the photo-based artwork, I was rather impressed by that and by the results as well. (After all it was me who taught him Photoshop years ago ) A similar photographic technique was actually used as well for the Schloßkirche by Schreiber Verlag (the second of Luther's churches)

All in all, the model is an uncomplicated fun build, which is suited very well for beginners, so it should do well with its target audience. There are a handful of buttresses, but not too many to make them monotous or boring (as is the case on more complex churches). There are also no small or fiddly parts, which beginners would struggle with. Other parts are very diverse which makes the build interesting.

While upscaling may be not be recommended as the pixel-based artwork will not get better in bigger scale, the model could also be an interresting one to expand upon, by adding recessed windows, transparent railings on the tower and doing some greebling on Altars, statues and other details. Or - as a modeller on the kartonbau-forum suggested - by maybe adding custom built interior...

This is it. Hope you enjoyed reading through this thread.