View Single Post

Old 08-31-2017, 09:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 985.89 MB
Don,

Since my earlier post, I have discovered a glue called A Fine Line, manufactured by Adhesive Tech. It is odorless, non-toxic and acid free. Using a very thin layer, It will bond within 40 to 50 seconds. I place a line of tiny dots and then spread the glue to form a very thin coat, using a fine dental tool; removing any excess. It completely cures within 24 hours. It will initially soften the paper before it bonds, so you have to take pains to keep the surface smooth during the first 60 seconds. I now use it for almost everything, except large lamination pieces (because of the 40 sec bond issue).
Oh, did I mention that it is very inexpensive. Current pricing in local shops is $2.95 for a 42 ML tube. Using 2/3rds of a tube, I have completed two 1/72 aircraft, two HO scale main street buildings, 1 large Santa, sled and Raindeer, three 1/100 models and am currently assembling two of VK's coaches. Using the very thin coat method, it goes a long way. Just adding some food for thought (No, I do not have stock in the company).

John