View Single Post

Old 09-09-2017, 11:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.09 MB
Papegojan, 1/72 - Shipyard

Preliminary remarks

According to the information on Shipyard's website, the Papegojan was a Dutch-built ship, which was bought in 1623 by Sweden. In 1627 she took part in the naval battle of Oliwa in the Gdansk Bay.

I did not find any further information about the original on a short search on the Internet. Since my first attempt to build a historical ship model from paper failed a few years ago, I will focus less on the historical accuracy than on the construction and on the new material paper / cardboard.

A review of the kit can be found on Modellmarine.

I do not know how building instructions are looking normally by cardboard models, the present I am finding little succeeded not say deficient. Especially for beginners in the hobby - like me - many questions remain open. Some construction sections are not described at all and one is wondering how the builders have gone ahead. The information on the rigging is absolutely inadequate. Here the modeler have to look for additional information to avoid frustration. In my collection are some plans of Dutch ships of the era which I can consult.

in the shipyard: Papegojan, 1/72 of Model Shipyard