View Single Post

Old 10-09-2017, 01:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Some more bits of progress...

Well, it's been a while since my last update. Work got in the way, long hours in the office and in the field. Not much spare time and definetely not the right mindset to work on the concluding details of this model. But, as work slowly returns to normal mode, finally time and piece of mind to pick up where I left.

@ Ricardo: Luckily I have a rather stable hand but in this case there wasn't so much risk. When the paint is still wet it can quickly be corrected with a wet flat brush to wash away small spills.
@ David: Thank you

Ok, the right side hand railing is finished now, at last. On the right side of the boiler plating also markings have been printed for a steam line similar to the on the left side. However, this is not correct as there is no such line on the right side.

At the right front side I corrected the small gaps between chassis and boiler plating, with bits of wall filler and painted it rubber black. This color fits the tone of the model print better than "bright" black.

Fixed the head lights and used a small metal pin glued to each lamp, rather than the paper struts provided in the model, to fixate them the chassis. Also the hoses on the front side needed some sort of extra support as the connection to the chassis is very delicate.

The last detail I added are the handles on the (wheel) inspection covers on either side of the boiler plating, made of 0.5mm dia plastic rod. I used Tamiya Medium Blue to paint them, which is not exactly the "Royal Blue" of the the boiler but it comes closer than the royal blue paint that I have.

For this kind of details I have been using tacky glue, which seems perfect for gluing plastic to paper (better than acetate based glue).

That's it for now. Other details will follow...

Erik
Attached Thumbnails
A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_6352.jpg   A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_6353.jpg   A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_6363.jpg   A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_6364.jpg   A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_6150.jpg  

A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_6358.jpg   A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_6359.jpg   A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_6362.jpg   A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_6357.jpg   A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_6365.jpg