Thread: Win 10 updates
View Single Post

Old 10-13-2017, 10:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
I don't still have any CBM stuff as I sold it on within days of getting my first PC. I had one of the only three CBM hard drives imported into UK, and the GEOS(UK) forum members were all fighting over it. I just said "First to knock on me door can have it." One hour later George knocked and offered me £50 for it. "Fifty Quid ? You can take the lot for that George" and he did.Two C=64s, two and a half C=128s,, Three monitors (Old TVs),Loads of cables and software, and the Hard drive too of course.

However ... on top of a wardrobe in the spare room ... I do still have that first PC ... along with all it's peripherals and the extensive CD software that came packaged with it. There's even an almost unused 15" moniter which replaced a duff one on warenttee, but I'd bought a couple of SH 18" ones before the replacement came in. Useless to anyone but a museum now, but I originally paid out £3000 for it, so it ain't gonna go in the tip, is it? Must be six or seven years now since it was last set up, but it was working fine and fun to play with for a week or two. Must find a spot to set it up again. I'm sure it will fascinate the the Rugrats for an hour or two, before they go back to their smart-phones. They're all teenagers now.