View Single Post

Old 10-17-2017, 10:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 97.35 MB
Thanks for the link update.

I had a large plastic 1/72 collection, but tactically it is like fighting in a parking lot. So I moved to 1/300 about 30 years ago. Much smaller and you don't need a warehouse of accessories.

This is a photo of my last big game in 1/300, Set in France 1940. The Germans are attacking from the right, if you can spot them. The cork object in the foreground is a 'reverse' periscope. The game is played using direct visiblity of the model as positioned amongst the terrain. The terrain is built up a few centimeters with foam tiles cut out from twelve 500x500x12 mm blocks. Most of the cover comes from the resulting dead ground, rather than from the traditional hills, trees and buildings The contour set is modular and reuseable. Two set of tiles have been used on this table, then covered with a fine green stretch toweling tablecloth.

The natural effects of the terrain can be seen on the left where there is a road bridge over a river valley. The river itself is not up to standard (yet) but it is at least its banks are not above ground level !
Attached Thumbnails
World War Two wargame rule development-ww2-craigs-wargame-terrain.jpg