View Single Post

Old 10-26-2017, 03:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
A-1 Skyraider / Fly Model / Fuselage problem

Hi all,

I started building a A-1 Skyraider (Fly Model) months ago. I already have spent plenty of time on this model : all parts cut and sorted, cockpit and engine cowling completed. Now I am facing a problem with the planking of the fuselage (Parts 16L and P / See attached images). There are no instructions on how the parts 16L and P join up on the “backbone” of the fuselage skelton. I have tried many ways, none works (ugly seal, warp planking). You can see that on 16 L and P there is a white area that must be notched and binded I guess … but for what purpose in the next step ? Glued together? Glued on the backbone ? ? . I am not a newcomer in the paper model business. I never gave up and stopped building a model I had started but this time I am about to give up. Only the time I have already spent on this model prevents me to do so.
My question : has anybody here built this model? If so, how did you tackled this problem?
I need only comments from people who built this model actually. No speculations like “you should try this or that” since I already have spent to much time exploring worthless paths.

Many thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
A-1 Skyraider / Fly Model / Fuselage problem-1-instruction-drawing-fuselage.jpg   A-1 Skyraider / Fly Model / Fuselage problem-1-fuselage.jpg