View Single Post

Old 11-18-2017, 11:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Little Little Willie (Early Version)

-----------------------------

I know many of you thought this was going to an American Tank like a Stuart or an M5.
Maybe even a Sherman derivation.

Nope. Sorry. This might not be of interest to many of you.
But this is something I created a while back and didn't know exactly what to do with.
I needed, for a photo, something to compare with my 1/16 scale Little Willie model.
I needed reference of its earliest appearance.

Many of you may already be familiar with my large scale model of Little Willie...the world's first "Tank"...
and familiar with Little Willie as she appears on display as the Bovington tank Museum in the UK.

The No. 1 Lincoln machine was actually just a test bed for a Track Drive system and served as the prototype for upcoming Tank designs.

Little Willie was first created using an American "creeping Tractor" track drive system as a way to traverse trenches in WW1 battlefields.
Unfortunately the Bullock Track drive failed dramatically and the Tank was eventually redesigned and refitted
with a Tritton Track Drive system which turned out to be so successful, that it went on to be used in future Tank designs.

This miniature scale model of the No.1 Lincoln Machine depicts the early version of Willie, rarely seen and photographed,
complete with its original Bullock Track Drive.
It also features the temporary upper "turret"...a bunker of sorts, meant to house a retractable elevating Gun.

If you enjoy this one, maybe you'd like to try a much larger scale model of the final Little Willie Tank prototype
complete with full Chassis, Interior and Drivetrain.

You can find the little Little Willie model in the Military vehicles section of Specialz.
You can find the big scale Little Willie model at Paper Model Shop Home!