View Single Post

Old 11-29-2017, 01:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
I would like to see if we can have additional and new participants if we hold a get together in Dayton . A display and share event, with no awards or prizes and be open to product improvements for our hobby .

Regardless of the location, people will have to travel and stay in hotel for a few nights . So basically, we are looking for more than a few hundred dollars worth of a trip . Yes, money is a huge driver in the decision process, and I'm certainly not going to stand between the participant and their money. Also, I will not subsidize the event , but if we get 20 people or so, it will be a worthwhile event. I'm willing to work it to reality.

On the plus side, this is the Aviation center of the USA ( but not the only one ) and is worthwhile location to visit .

Isaac
Obviously you have not read through the thread.
or my other related threads.
All your ideas and questions are already addressed and answered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
Another option, is to piggy back onto a large hobby show half way between Cincinnati and Dayton. They will provide free tables and there are lots of other models there ( Entertrainment Junction ) . They gave me 3 tables a few years ago to display many of my paper models.

Model show-Entertrainment jucntion

Isaac
"Giving" you a table or two to display models, if they have the room, is one thing.
Offering to give up space and tables to an outside group promoting something different from their own group activities, is another.
Good luck with that.