View Single Post

Old 01-03-2018, 08:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Nose job

Hello everyone, first of all a Happy New Year, with good health and fortune to all of you and your families! I've been enjoying a few days off and could make some progress. It's a very detailed model and sometimes all these small parts dazzle me.

Before continuing with the cockpit internals, two more fuselage segments need to be installed, with inside lining, former and glazing. All make up for part no. 9.

Note that the model includes two versions of the nose: One with eagle insignia and one without. The building instructions mention it was not clear to the model designers whether the actual aircraft had such a sign or not. Pictures of the real machine apparently didn't provide a resolution. So, it's up to the builder.

Installing the pieces of thin, clear plastic sheeting is a tough job, especially since they are a bit curved. They need to be installed one by one very carefully and the skin and lining glued accurately to ensure proper overlapping of the inside and outside window panes. Halinski has done a very good job here, taking into account the thickness of the paper. I found it easier though to cut the inside lining into several parts and installing them one by one, rather than having a curled up piece of paper in the way during the process.

Didn't take many pictures during the building, too busy with getting things straight.

While the glue has not hardened yet it is good to finally install front former W3 and mold the correct shape as you go. As you can see in the last pictures below, the front former is asymmetrical with edges, curves and straight lines. It fits exactly, and the accuracy by which this model has been designed keeps on surprising me.

Tough job, can't remember anymore how many hours I've been working on this section!

Cheers,
Erik
Attached Thumbnails
Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_6771.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_6772.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_6774.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_6775.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_6776.jpg  

Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_6777.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_6779.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_6781.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_6782.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_6783.jpg  

Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_6784.jpg