Thread: Pepakura 3
View Single Post

Old 01-23-2018, 06:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Pepakura 3

After much head scratching, many failed attempts, and a (not too excessive) dent in my wallet, I have finally succeeded in upgrading my Primary PC from Win10 Pro 32bit to Win10 pro 64bit, but along the way the 32bit OS got corrupted and the HDD partition had to be reformatted. So I not only lost the 32bit OS, but also all the apps and programs installed on it.

Yes of course all my files were backed up, but I now have to install the 64bit versions of all the programs and apps. There were a few obtained from Giveaway of the Day - free licensed software daily that I knew I'd not be able to replace without going for premium versions, but I considered the upgrade to 64bit was worth it, as it's much faster and allows much more RAM to be used. Appologies to all you XP/Win7 stick-in-the-muds, but in the modern Win10 World anything 32bit is 'So last Century now' so it's necessary to move on up to stay relevant. My rigs are now all superior to any of my kids set-ups.

I have just re-installed Pepakura 4 designer and reader, but I'm not finding a reliable source for Pep 3 designer or reader. Considering that they still have all the old pdo file downloads available in their gallery, you'd think Tamasoft would still have at least the Pep3 reader available, but if it is I can't find it. Google and Bing have taken me down several dubious dead ends, some of which have really tested my virus protection, but no success yet, So I'm asking for help ... Can anyone out there point me to a good download source for Pep3? Preferably both designer and reader (I don't mind paying) but the reader is more important, in order to access the older pdo files. Of course I'd be even happier if some one would come up with a way of converting old pdo files so they can be opened with pep4 reader or Designer.

Last edited by JohnM; 01-23-2018 at 07:00 PM.