View Single Post

Old 01-24-2018, 01:25 AM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
More pics...

Okay, here's a few more pics. The remaining images are of lesser quality but might have details to share that make up for there poor lens work.

The first is a close up of the forward underside of the secondary hull, near the deflector housing. Note where the sand holds up the 11 ft. long model. Just near it is the forward marking "102".

There next is a close up of where the interconnecting dorsal meets the underside the primary hull. Despite the poor image, I included it to share some modeling details: the considerable darker color of the impulse engines, the rounded fit of the connection at the edge of the dorsal-primary hull joining, and in the background, how the pre-stage field shaping coils (under assemblies) the particle vents on the nacelle, behind where the bussard collector.

The third is a close upon the red primary hull markings that illustrates hoe defined, dark and large this red decal is, as well as the the subtle white line that recedes back into the hull. It is almost invisible from a casual glance.

The fourth is the underside chevron, which I am uncertain as yo its purpose. I read some early notes that this was a hatch that covered landing legs and cargo-materials access, but also in a Jefferies diagram that its the sensor/subspace antenna assembly. Whats interesting from the pic is that the base is a pronounced, elevated ridge, not just a decal or flat marking.

The last tonight is the lower sensor array, alternately labeled interplanetary sensor and secondary sensor assembly. This image clearly shows the pronounced pod at the center of the dome and the projection from the front of this. I have not seen this in any of the sketches or blueprints and would welcome any identification of the item; it is not on Jeffries prints or design notes. Also clear in the image is the dome is fixed in a series of two concentric ring housings that are embedded in a larger housing that is mated to the lower primary hull. Many model kits do not convey these two reducing ring details. The housing also has three parallel struts that appear in triangular pattern, if looking from below upward.

Also interesting from this pic is the yellow bay door assembly between the two rows of two windows. The yellow-tan lines above the hatches are of note, as well as the more subtle, light gray line below.

Okay, I'll sort out what few I have left for another posting in a day or two.
Attached Thumbnails
U.S.S. Enterprise studio model visit-stand-102-marking.jpg   U.S.S. Enterprise studio model visit-underside-impulse-manifold.jpg   U.S.S. Enterprise studio model visit-primary-hull-marking.jpg   U.S.S. Enterprise studio model visit-lower-sensor-array.jpg