View Single Post

Old 01-25-2018, 07:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks for the interest, friends The health problem was a big rock in the left kidney. I never experienced such a thing and, definitely, it was not pleasing. I had to undergo a minor surgery, with laser, so that the rock remnants could get out. It is all gone and I hope that the next rock will take no less than another 54 years to arrive

@ Erik – right, this one has a small wingspan but is not short! The construction is quite different from the KK kit. In the GPM version, the engine intakes are separate assemblies that link to a center body. Frankly, I don’t know what the best solution is.

@ Rangerdog – Thanks for the information I have seen, in the net, pictures of F-104 belonging to the same squadron (same paint scheme and markings but not the same serial number) but didn’t pay attention to the ordnance. The real finish is a lot more shinny than in the kit. Maybe GPM should have opted for a different kind of paper and paint. Like in their very old MiG-21, for example…

The first picture shows the center section of the wingtip tanks. To make them detachable, a pair of wires inside the rolled paper bits with red tops. The wires penetrate the wing and provide a link. The tops are red just to make it easier to align with the holes on the skin.
Attached Thumbnails
F-104c - gpm - 1/33-f-104-c09.jpg   F-104c - gpm - 1/33-f-104-c10.jpg   F-104c - gpm - 1/33-f-104-c11.jpg   F-104c - gpm - 1/33-f-104-c12.jpg   F-104c - gpm - 1/33-f-104-c13.jpg