View Single Post

Old 02-18-2018, 06:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.42 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanners View Post
I'll echo Ray's compliment about the finish. It seems to have a scale sheen to it -- not too shiny, but glossy enough to stand out. Do you just pour glue on the uncut part and squeegee it off? What's the technique?

And re: Golden Gate picks. They do even better if you drill a few holes through the upper half to help you grasp them. I started using them when I played bluegrass and haven't used anything since.
I use an old credit card or travel card to "spread" glue on the parts. It took me a long time to master, because you can't do it too slowly, or use too much glue. Here's a video uploaded by Edwin Rodriguez, who taught me the method.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdldnUd9AcU

Great what you did with the pick. They do slip sometimes, especially when your hands get sweaty during gigs... I used to use plectrums with engraved logos, but nowadays I don't really loose grip that much. I somehow got used to the slight slipping, and I keep adjusting my hand now and then.

When playing acoustic, I found Wedgies comfortable to use. They're quite thin, but they feel great. I never use them with my electrics though.