View Single Post

Old 02-18-2018, 08:39 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
Since I made all the parts, it is scratch built. This model was printed by me, cut by me, formed by me, that it is a scratch built model. A booklet version that is professionally printed is probably not.

Really in paper there is only self design or designed by others. We are builders and it is all the same technique . So nothing is similar to plastic which is where Scratchbuilt category exists.

In any case, they were very open with the interpretation. I like it. In Canada where I resided for a short while, some clubs did not even let me enter the contests, but some did, so it is all variable.

My point is only to spread the word that you can build good looking models out of paper.

Isaac
Sorry, I have to disagree. Even if they were generous in the interpretation, it is still a kit.
Scratch built is building from nothing. Had you designed it, then printed and built, I would agree with it being scratchbuilt.

But it is still built from a kit.

I do agree that entering shows and competitions is a great way to spread the word! Glad that there are others who are out showing what can be done with card!

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!