View Single Post

Old 02-18-2018, 06:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Fiddlers Green Red Tailed Hawk

"Hey, Rocky! Watch me pull a red tailed hawk out of my hat”.
"Aww Bullwinkle, that trick never works’!

I hope it does this time. I was planning on building the FG Burgesses-Dunne flying wing but this really caught my eye and I just have to build it.

Not sure how big this will build in to but real red tails have a wingspan from 43" to 57". I have some 110 lb 11" x 17" cardstock so I think I’ll scale it up a little bit. If anyone else has built this feel free to chime in.

I notice there are a number of relatively large pieces that need to be folded in half and glued back-to-back. Not sure how I’ll do that - spray mount, permanent glue stick or thin coat of white glue. Think the spray mount with a good sqeegeeing might be best. Again, chime on in.

I’ve never built anything organic before so i’m Looking forward to this one. I love the bird builds shown in other posts.

This model was designed by and the build pictures are by Richard Dery for Fiddlers Green.

JoeG
Attached Thumbnails
Fiddlers Green Red Tailed Hawk-d82c1ebb-8bf7-4b93-8af4-1351d7938aa0.jpg   Fiddlers Green Red Tailed Hawk-8504a9ae-bbf9-4046-b692-55abc0be9779.jpg