View Single Post

Old 02-25-2018, 11:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Okay, I just read thru the Corel Forum discussion.
This is a javascript error.
Not a Google Maps update error.
Javascript has always been a problem thing
...and in the last couple of years, many security updates have addressed java security issues and caused even more problems with javascripts.

I often visit websites that have scripts running that fail, lock up...I get a script error and have to stop running those scripts before I can continue.
I've even seen a complete lockup of the browser because of this, and i have to shut down the browser.
This is a conflict between a a website javascript and my browser javascript compatibilties.
On top of that, AdBlockers and anti malware filters don't like scripts either!

There are also many script blockers in place now in every browser.
Try removing all plugins from your browers and running any browser "bare" with no extensions.
Also, check browser settings...there are setting for javascript. Change them.

This is why the common theme is "reinstall your brower".
Or try a "different browser".

Notice how some users claim the same program works on one system and not on another.
System differences...not necessarily a program bug.

But a program bug will pop up under the right conditions.
One Corel user is suggesting a bug that is persistent through different versions of PSP.

Trust me, its all about javascripts and scripts in general.
A security issue.

Now, your problem is when the script error occurs (when trying to use a Google MAP feature)
you get a dialog box that won't respond. You are supposed to choose to continue or disable the offending script, right?
But now you have to close the program by using your Task Manager which shuts down the entire program and you lose any recent work.

Have you tried this (from another user at the Corel forum):
Here's the way to change this and also to avoid having to cancel PSP in Task Manager:
When you have the script error message, hit the "n" key while you have your cursor positioned over an item on the screen.
There will be a short time before the next script error message appears.
It will give you time to click an item on your screen.
Repeat on the new screen, and you can navigate through options in PSP.
After you have set "Welcome as Default" you can continue to use PSP with no script errors unless you inadvertently click the "Globe" icon.
You will have to put up with the "Welcome" screen each time.