View Single Post

Old 03-07-2018, 11:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 40.04 MB
Hi friends, time to look up to the... ceiling

The upper windows are made on 3 layers. The middle one act as a reinforcement for the entire aft ceiling section to give it more strenght.

In the close-up image the multi-layered window frame is better seen.

Then I realized the 7 pouches containing the escape cables to be used in case of an emergency bail-out. After assembling the bags I made some wrinkles to give them a more realistic "fabric feeling".

In the photo 5 and 6 you can see the many details - velcro patches included - obtained from a supplemental copy of the part to give some "movement" to the ceiling surface.

...but before completing the structure I have to think to a way to enlighten the cabin. We need some LIGHTS!

I started with the aft side lamps.

The frosted glass plate was simulated with a piece of tracing paper who is semi-transparent and will diffuse led light (I hope).

The thin slot in my intention should have simulated the fluorescent tube once the led was placed behind. Unfortunately I had to enlarge the aperture because I realized there isn't enough room to place the led bulb all behind the lamp.

In the last images you see the completed lamp and the backlight test.
Attached Thumbnails
1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-dsc08678.jpg   1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-dsc08680.jpg   1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-dsc08679.jpg   1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-dsc08681.jpg   1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-dsc08684.jpg  

1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-dsc08685.jpg   1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-dsc08686.jpg   1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-dsc08687.jpg   1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-dsc08692.jpg   1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-dsc08693.jpg  

1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-dsc08699.jpg