View Single Post

Old 03-24-2018, 06:54 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Next the tail for a change of pace – something simple!

Photo 1 – This shows the four parts.

Photo 2 – Assembly of the 3 smaller parts is straightforward – two parts are tubes, while the tail tip is a simple cone. This requires a bit of pre-shaping to get the tip right, but is then otherwise easy enough.

The large section of the tail requires a bit more care as the shape is a bent tube. The easiest way to get the shape right is to glue all the INTERNAL tabs (not the edge tabs), and then shape the tail by flexing and careful bending along the long axis. I have started with this process in Photo 2.

Photo 3 – The four completed parts. Note how the large part of the tail has that kink or bend built in when it is completed.

Photo 4 – The completed tail. I started by sliding the tip into the first small tube. When glued this process was then repeated two times to produce the final result.

I then stuffed it full of paper so I could use it to handle the model with once it was attached, without worrying about denting it.
Attached Thumbnails
Microceratops/Microceratus - Johan Scherft-d21.jpg   Microceratops/Microceratus - Johan Scherft-d22.jpg   Microceratops/Microceratus - Johan Scherft-d23.jpg   Microceratops/Microceratus - Johan Scherft-d24.jpg