View Single Post

Old 03-26-2018, 06:36 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Car Model Magazine 1967

Hi all,

I found the following image on Tumblr, which is the same place where I found that funky deformed Hot Rod Van from the August 1976 Hot Rod Magazine.

After seeing this image, and reblogging it, and sending a copy of it to my facebook feed, I went to Ebay to see if I could find any more issues of the 1967 year, of Car Model. I did, those are attached below.

So far I have been able to learn that during 1967 these models were released on the cover of the magazine, and all of them are H0 in scale, some internal shots of the magazine show how to assemble the model, and fit it to a slot car running gear.
Swindle's Backup Pickup (April 67)
A Jet/Turbine Car (September 67)
Dr. Fate's Car (October 67)
Hemi Under Glass (August 67)
Little Red Wagon (March 67)
A Racing Team Hauler (November/December 67)

One offer on ebay is for the second half of 1967, August through December, at $70, I will have to wait to get those.

So, if anyone has those magazines in their collection still, there might be money to be made for you

Rick
Attached Thumbnails
Car Model Magazine 1967-s-l1600-1-.jpg   Car Model Magazine 1967-s-l1600-2-.jpg   Car Model Magazine 1967-s-l1600.jpg   Car Model Magazine 1967-s-l1600-3-.jpg   Car Model Magazine 1967-s-l1600-4-.jpg  

"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo