View Single Post

Old 04-11-2018, 12:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 254.35 MB
Hi PaperAcronaut. I'm sorry that it took me this long to reply. I was in the middle of building Fortezza's model to go with a model of the ASTRO-2 UV observatory that I was building. Then I read your post and Dhanner's reply and my heart sank. Sure enough, the tile pattern needs work. I thought I could do what Dhanner suggested on my computer but it turned out to be more complicated. Basically, I had to erase all of the tiles down the center line and on the sides (the part of the wing in front of the landing gear), and redraw them to match drawings that I found on line. I also had to make other adjustments along the left edge because part 4-1 was not symmetrical (left to right). I plan to repaint the wings (part 6-1 and 7-2) and all of the other parts with a tile pattern including the nose (part 1-1). For starters, here is part 4-1. I will post another reply with the other parts as I get them done. Keep in mind that it took 2 days just to get the tile pattern on part 4-1 to go in the right direction, so it may take a week or two before I get all of the other parts repainted. Also, I didn't bother to get the pattern of darker new tiles correct. On my printer, all of the tiles look alike because the colors are too similar. But if other people are interested, I will try to get the new/old tile pattern correct and post a revision.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf belly part4-1 1-100scale.pdf (3.31 MB, 112 views)