View Single Post

Old 04-20-2018, 07:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
Talking Curtiss BFC-2 Hawk in 1:100 from der Kampfflieger

Oh what I wouldn't have given to be a US Navy Aviator in the 30's! Flying off the deck of the "Sara" or the "Lady Lex". Can you just imagine flying in a formation with all those colors!

In reality there probably wasn't all that much flying. It was the depression and the war clouds were just beginning to gather. Those old crates were not very reliable. They only served for 2 or 3 years and then they were retired. Other countries used them quite extensively. The origins of the Stuka and dive bombing can be traced back directly to a Curtiss Hawk that Ernst Udet brought back to Germany. In the pack that I bought from ecards there is the Hawk that Udet had. I really thought hard about doing that one.

I am trying gloss photo paper for this one to really highlight all these colors. It looks very fragile so I am taking it slow. This appears to be another great design by Roman Vasilyev. It will require some pre planning because he hasn't provided much in the way of joiners but I enjoy the challenge.

I printed one page in 1:48 by mistake. What a huge difference in size!! If I had started with this size I am sure I would be talking to a divorce lawyer right about now!
Attached Thumbnails
Curtiss BFC-2 Hawk in 1:100 from der Kampfflieger-bfc-2.jpg   Curtiss BFC-2 Hawk in 1:100 from der Kampfflieger-20180419_165513.jpg   Curtiss BFC-2 Hawk in 1:100 from der Kampfflieger-20180419_165522.jpg   Curtiss BFC-2 Hawk in 1:100 from der Kampfflieger-img_20180419_180414.jpg  
Live, Laff, Love...