View Single Post

Old 04-21-2018, 06:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Thank you for the comments!

Always interested in the Andes, I've read a few books that mention them. Reading about Bob Reeve the Glacier pilot, before he headed to Alaska he flew the Andes.

There are two DC-4 stationed here at Kenai, also two C-46 Commandos, love the sound of them taking off and flying over.

0320 in my RV-6 has 160hp, have to throttle back at 17,500, it'll still reach redline in level flight. Once was able to reach max altitude flying my 1974 Piper Cherokee 140 at 12,000 with a 150hp 0320. This RV-6 is just amazing when it comes to what it can do!

Ultimate photo shoot will be when I fly my RV-6 upside down over the top Denali and take some photos looking down at it.

Mt Redoubt is seen every day outside my window at work, yes probably will do a photo tour of the West Side(what we call the western sides of Cook Inlet), later this summer. Plan on a Lake Clark tour sometime in June, that'll be when the photos will be taken of Redoubt and Illiamna.

May 11th thru the 13th plan on flying over for the Valdez STOL competition. Last year a guy in a highly modified Super Cub used a total of 75ft for take off and landing, that's a combined total of 75 feet. Really want to see that in action!

Mike