View Single Post

Old 07-25-2009, 06:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
As I'm still experimenting with enhancing of a model features, I have added rivets pressed with blunted sewing needle and with a dry ballpen with ball removed. Partitions were marked by pressing a blunted Olfa knife. The indentures are almost invisible when looking straight on, but under light you can see them perfectly. I think in this scale this way is perfect, as they'd be visible only from close distance anyway. Btw. pressing all of the rivets and lines of sheets partitions on the fuselage I've come to a real appreciation of the amount of work put into making an airplane. All those rivets, sometimes in two rows had to be each clinched separately, not mentioning drilling the holes...

After making a swiss cheese out of fuselage I've come back to the cockpits and equipped the crew with:

Something to sit on. I tried to make the seats comfy by impressing their surface from the top with an empty ballpen to make crevasses, with an empty ballpen with ball removed to make buttons and from the back with a rounded rods to make them puffy. The belts were added too, so they will be safe flying upside down :)

Something to look at. To make the instrument panel more interesting I've indented it too, in a simple way making it much more realistic.

Something to put a gun on. I've glued flat parts of the rotating base to the thickness equal to the width of the part that is glued around them, sanded them with a fingernail file and a tool I've made gluing a piece of sandpaper around a toothpick, retouched and glued together. Then I've cut holes in hinges using a thin syringe needle (it's short to prevent bending).

And something to shoot from. At the moment only the blocky part which I've done similarly to the one in Morane with added indentures along the lines on the part, and the barrell which I swiss-cheesed with the syringe needle shown above. The barrell was rolled on identical needle only longer and glued on place.

The gun is not ready yet, just as the instrument panel - they await their completion along with the rest of the cockpits equipment.