View Single Post

Old 05-18-2018, 06:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Today, I drove down to York to pick up Kevin Stephens's Dragon Wagon and Sherman and an assortment of his tank models so he will be represented in spite of being unable to attend.

Rick Steffers, Linda Kemp, Anne and Jack McCombs, Jack Colin, Lil and I did the set up this afternoon under the watchful eye of Forum Member Karl Warner, the Official USAHEC Paper Modelers Wrangler.

We then adjourned to the Café Bruges for moules frites and other delights. Rick showed images of the first one of these events, in 2009 when he, Kevin, Greg Perry, and I held the very first Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days event. Images below.

That 2009 event set the pattern of interaction with reenactors and visitors, including veterans, especially those who relate to the models. Among the images below is that of Bill Lentz, who flew 96 missions in Piper L-4 Grasshoppers, including the crossing of the Rhine. You can see him signing a copy of the Fiddlers Green model of the L-4.

Looking forward to seeing John Dell, Peter Ansoff, Don Weeks, and Ann and Doug McMillin tomorrow morning. No significant rain today, but the fields are saturated, so the event will start at 12:00 to allow all the heavy vehicles to be moved in safely. We hope there won't be too much rain tomorrow so that the tanks won't have too much mud to contend with and we won't have too many folks with dripping raincoats leaning over the models.

But whatever happens, it's great to be back together again, surrounded by paper models.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days 2018-ahd-1-3.jpg   Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days 2018-ahd-1-4.jpg   Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days 2018-ahd-3-3.jpg   Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days 2018-ahd-3-4.jpg   Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days 2018-ahd-3-2.jpg