View Single Post

Old 05-20-2018, 10:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanX View Post
Wow! Its been roughly a year since I last posted on this project. How time goes by.

I cut and assembled the hull pieces, but was puzzled that it seemed that the hull sides were longer than then length-wise former.

I didn't have much time to sort it out, but recently had some time to study the problem. After measuring, it became clear that the culprit was the length-wise former. I made mistakes cutting the part out originally, and used the same part from another printing of the parts in my build. Whatever print setting I used when I printed the length-wise former seems to have "compressed" the length of the part. Thus, the skeleton is shorter than the hull siding. Since I was confident and really glued the parts in, I will be taking this as a lesson learned to print all of my extras at the get-go, and make sure that my print settings are correct at the outset.

Today I ran a new printing "scaled to fit" (the original PDF) on 11x17 paper. Not only will the printed model be a nice bit larger, but at the larger size, the details in Ralph's PDFs (like the ship name on the counter and bow of the ship) are much clearer. I am clear coating today, and off to the races again!
... and we, certanly, are here looking this project!! Good luck, friend!