View Single Post

Old 06-02-2018, 01:15 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
WC - Olfa blades are excellent.

They are superior in my opinion, to the X-acto or Excel blades, and I have had the opportunity to do the comparison. Let me explain.

I was forever buying blades when I saw them and after a mega spring clean recently found, I had lots of brand new Excel and X-acto blades still in their packs. By then I was using Olfa, but I decided to start using the old blades as well in other handles. I was disappointed in their performance.

I have mentioned elsewhere that now for a few years I have been using and sharpening blades - these are the Olfa blades. These have a good profile - sharp but not too sharp - and as a result, they do not snap easily.

But the main thing is, sharpened or not, they really hold their edge. I use the blades for work around the house, cutting carpeting etc and they hold up well.

They are also available at a reasonable price too - when I buy them (and continue to stock up on them) there is a pack with 20 blades and a handle that is really keenly priced.

Olfa is a Japanese company - they manufacture their own blades and handles to a high grade, and are well-known in the art and craft world for their quality.

They invented the snap off blade cutter incidentally.