View Single Post

Old 06-05-2018, 06:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks, Dan and Glen When a sharp edge is needed, I almost always use half-cutting.

The skin parts that link the wing upper surface to the engine nacelles take a lot of work to shape. It is almost necessary to torture the paper in order to get a reasonable amount of double curvature. As you know, it is a risky process, as the paper can fail almost with no warning. I got the feeling that the two smaller parts could be drawn as a single one, sparing a joint.
At the rear, it was problematic! In principle, there should be a single part on each side but the kit provides two pairs. The parts are to short and I used both, slightly misaligned, in order to cover the whole gap. The last picture shows well the dirty trick. As there is left/right symmetry and the misalignment is rather uniform, the end result is not so bad. But I guess Halinski didn’t envisage the assembly this way…
Attached Thumbnails
Me 262A-1 / Halinski / 1:33-me-262-c166.jpg   Me 262A-1 / Halinski / 1:33-me-262-c167.jpg   Me 262A-1 / Halinski / 1:33-me-262-c168.jpg   Me 262A-1 / Halinski / 1:33-me-262-c169.jpg