View Single Post

Old 06-05-2018, 01:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
The New World comes to Rescue the Old...

The New World comes to Rescue the Old...

In the predawn light of June 6th the Wermacht love soldiers stationed on the “Atlantic Wall” awoke to strange shadows and muffled sounds far to their west. Soon their world cave in all around them as hundreds of bombers and fighters with strange black & white stripes roared over them. Their glorious Fuhrer had not prepared them for this!

As the sun made its trek to the west the rest of the world woke to the glorious news that the long dark days would soon be over. It would take another year before the last Nazi had been chased down. (Some of them dressed in women’s clothes to escape the wrath of the French people)

I never built armor or figures but I have seen many splendid models of the equipment and men who slogged their way across Europe that year.

Once again this is NOT about the models. It is about the men, women and children who had gazed to west for so many years wondering when the world would come. I have spent time working in Europe not just being an “Ugly American” tourist. I know that some Europeans scoff at America. I hope that some of them remember what this country did for them on that day 74 years ago. If only today’s world could be as united as we were back then....

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nhhys58UH43sJUE53
Live, Laff, Love...