View Single Post

Old 06-10-2018, 06:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
For one of the few times in my life words utterly fail me my most excellent friend. To wake up to this is just heart rendering.

GG your cub is especially poignant to me. When I was in high school I was in the Civil Air Patrol. Before I entered my US Army flight training I had logged about 30 hours in a Taylorcraft similar to yer Cub. It was even yeller.

I am so glad that I have lived beyond the 70's & 80's in the US. When I returned from my SE Asia Vacation in 1971 I and all my brothers were pariahs in this country. After the first Gulf war (isn't it particularly sad that we actually have to number our wars) things began to change. Now peeps fall all over themselves thanking me for my service.

Kind of sad to me now that I am regarded as some sort of hero for some of the things i did so many years ago. My wife says that I am really just a reminder to this country of all the other young boys who didn’t come home.

On top of post, yesterday my nephew, who i haven"t seen in 28 years came for a visit. He brought with him “rubbings” from the Black Wall in Washington of some of those boys. His father, my younger brother was killed by a drunk driver in 1990. His mother cut off all ties with his father’s side of the family. He and his sister grew up not knowing why his grandparents and his Unc had been taken away. We had a wonderful time yesterday getting caught up.

Thank you so much my most excellent friend and all the others on this forum who I now consider part of my world wide family.

MS (or Warlord Three Zero)

ps. Not a bad job on that kit. I am purdy sure that there are too many ribbets on the cowl but we will just keep it between us.
Live, Laff, Love...