View Single Post

Old 06-16-2018, 09:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.89 GB
IcelandAir 757 "Hekla Aurora" Livery

There are some who say "all airliners look alike" (Murph). And since form follows function, and EVERYTHING in the airlines is about efficiency, for the most part that is true. An Airbus looks like a Boeing which looks like an Embraer that might be mistaken for a Sukhoi unless it's that strange new one from China . . . etc. But if there was an airliner beauty contest the Boeing 757 would be a finalist. That thin waist, long legs, two massive engine nacelles, etc, makes it look fast just sitting on the tarmac. And of all the paint schemes applied to the 757, I personally think that the Aurora scheme from IcelandAir has to be one of the most beautiful. Taimodels now has a model of this aircraft available through ECardsmodels.com (https://www.ecardmodels.com/index.ph...per-model.html). More information on this particular aircraft can be found on IcelandAir's web site at https://www.icelandair.com/about/our.../hekla-aurora/

Your $5 gets you 7 A4 size pages. One page is the cover sheet, the others are model parts. No instructions are included, but the model is simple enough that they are not needed except for a complete novice. No tabs or joiner strips are provided. Since the nose parts were so small, I just butt joined them and then glued "flower" strips of paper on the inside to reinforce the seams. I also added some birdshot weights to the nose since the model does have landing gear. I made my own joiner strips for the rest of the fuselage parts. The fuselage parts are on two separate pages, and from the layout their placement is not apparent. The first page has the nose pieces, and two main fuselage sections. The two main sections need to be glued on either end of the main section on the next page. From their placement on the sheet, they look like they should be glued together. The second sheet has the center main fuselage section, along with the tail pieces. Once again, their placement on the sheet makes it looks like they should be glued together but this is wrong. You need to add the section from the first sheet between the tail pieces and the center fuselage section. Since the center fuselage has a constant diameter, I glued the three center pieces together using a joiner strip before I rolled them up into a tube. I used a section of 1 inch PVC pipe to roll the main fuselage around, and to press the glue seams together with.
Attached Thumbnails
IcelandAir 757 "Hekla Aurora" Livery-page-1.jpg   IcelandAir 757 "Hekla Aurora" Livery-img_5535.jpg   IcelandAir 757 "Hekla Aurora" Livery-img_5536.jpg   IcelandAir 757 "Hekla Aurora" Livery-img_5537.jpg   IcelandAir 757 "Hekla Aurora" Livery-img_5538.jpg