View Single Post

Old 06-16-2018, 06:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Forgot to update this thread...I think it should be copied here....

As was discovered last week, the first new model of this new series is
The Bank Buster...The Fantom's Tank...from The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

I loved this movie.
I know fans of the original comic book series did not.
And I know that Connery didn't do his best work in this one.
And... I know there were legal problems and negative reviews.

But I loved it, and was very disappointed that sequels did not get made.
Although there was talk back in 2015 of a reboot.

I especially loved the art and production of the film...Nemo's Submarine was fantastic
even though it couldn't possibly fit in any River or manouever the canals of Venice!

And, since I have already created a model of Nemo's fantastic six-wheeled Car, I wanted to add something else.

The "Bank Buster" really only appears in the opening scenes of the film,
but the rhomboid WW1 style Tank makes a memorable appearance.
The Tank is used to break into a Bank ...and Vault... in a daring robbery helmed by the movie's villain The Fantom.
Although the film is set in an alternate reality, I think its roughly based on a British WW1 tank design
...even though the scene takes place in 1899, more than 15 years ahead of its time in our reality.

It has a forward mounted cannon which is protected by a moveable forward Hull extension.
More of these Tanks are seen in production at the Fantom's secret base, much later in the film,
but they are mainly static props (miniatures) seen from a distance.
The opening scenes are the only ones where you see the full size Tank in action.

I've sized the model in a similar scale to my other rhomboid Tank (Indiana Jones).
You'll find the Tank in the Star Carz section, but it also makes a great addition to the Military vehicles section...at my website.

I don't think it needs it, but I have created an Assembly sheet for this model.
Look in the Assembly Diagrams area at my forum.