View Single Post

Old 06-17-2018, 03:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.89 GB
The engines are fairly simply affairs. 5 external pieces and 5 internal parts. I made up joiner strips for the external parts. I went ahead and modified the engine support pylons to better match the graphics of the rest of the aircraft.

On to the tail feathers. The kit horizontal stabilizers are a bit plain, so I went ahead and modified them so they are similar to the graphics on the wing. Cardboard was added to the fuselage where the tail surfaces attach to aid in positioning and to provide a more secure joint. The area marked out on the fuselage for the horizontal stabs to attach are much to small, but it doesn't affect anything. Just looks a little strange when the stabs are built up and positioned on the aft fuselage.

Next up are the wheels. They consist of paper struts and drum style tires/tyres. There is a strange shaped piece associated with the nose gear on the parts sheet. A little bit of study and I figured out it folds up into a box like structure to represent the nose gear steering equipment and landing lights. The main gear just has the main strut and the wheels, but is missing the "truck" that connects the wheels to the strut. I went ahead and made up a couple of paper tubes to do the trick.

That completes the parts build, now just have to glue everything together to make it look like an airplane.
Attached Thumbnails
IcelandAir 757 "Hekla Aurora" Livery-img_5551.jpg   IcelandAir 757 "Hekla Aurora" Livery-img_5552.jpg   IcelandAir 757 "Hekla Aurora" Livery-img_5548.jpg   IcelandAir 757 "Hekla Aurora" Livery-img_5547.jpg   IcelandAir 757 "Hekla Aurora" Livery-img_5556.jpg