View Single Post

Old 06-25-2018, 03:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
[Clark Griswold] - "Cousin Eddie's out on the street again...and whats he doing with that hose?"

Apparently a lot less people are interested in this model (than I thought would be).
Which isn't a big concern, since I pick Koolwheelz subjects for me.
But, I still like to present things that are of interest to others...
and on that note, might I suggest you watch National Lampoon's Vacation and Christmas Vacation, if you haven't seen them.
Try to get the original uncut, uncensored versions.
Both movies are aired a lot on regular TV, and are (in my opinion) over edited and censored...and ruined.
Theres nothing X-rated in the original cuts, just makes a lot more sense.

I love the Vacation films. I was a huge fan of Saturday Night Live and the comedic cast that included Chevy Chase.
I saw every Chevy Chase film...including the National Lampoon Vacation films.
And, I rewatch Christmas Vacation every year...its on my list of annual must-see Holiday themed movies.

I think one of the best parts of Christmass Vacation (...there are so many!...) is the appearance of Cousin Eddie and his family.
Long before Randy Quaid went psychotic and moved to Canada, he played some great characters...like the beer swilling Cousin Eddie.

And his RV has become an icon of comedy films.
Thats why I felt it deserved to be in my Koolwheelz collection.

The motorhome itself is a Ford Condor II...roughly 1972 edition.
I don't know what happened to the original film vehicle...there is a clone motorhome, maybe built for an amusement park?
Its photos are all over the interwebs, claiming to be the original, but the rust patterns and exterior details are quite different.
I did my best to grab as many actual screen shots as I could (from the original film) and use those as visual reference for the artwork.

There really isn't anything special about the vehicle, other than how weathered it looks, to distinguish it as the movie vehicle.
Thats why I also included the Septic drain hose and Cousin Eddie cutout!
Display it on "snow" and you've got a moment in movie history!

This is the third RV/Camper I have added to the Koolwheelz collection.
I honestly don't know if thats the start of a new sub-section...lol...but RV are turning out to be a lot of fun!

Find this one in the StarCarz section at my website!
There will be no assembly sheet for this one...its a fairly simple assembly.