View Single Post

Old 07-15-2018, 05:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
I have the 25 gram version and use it for lamination also. It works quite good. As Rick wrote, you do have to work kind of quickly because it dries fast. The biggest problem so far has been around the perimeter, but you can use a toothpick or some other applicator to get a small amount from the glue stick and apply it to the areas around the perimeter that did not adhere.

The wide diameter of the 25 gram stick helps in applying the glue to large areas, the 40 gram stick would probably work even better. Will have to keep an eye out for that size. I have a large piece of thick glass (10 inches/25.5 cm X 14 inches/35.7 cm X 0.2 inches/0.5 cm) that I lay the parts on to apply the glue for laminating. Any over application can be scraped off of the glass using the blade from a utility knife.

This is probably a good time in the USA to start gathering that sort of stuff for paper modeling. Many states are getting close to the back to school time so a bunch of stores are starting their back to school campaigns.