View Single Post

Old 07-23-2018, 04:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Hi everyone,

today I glued the first few tape rings of the 1 mm tape onto the ET dummy, but that was not for the faint of heart.

Since I still haven't got the 0,5 mm tape as a spacer, I have taken an Evergreen Strip 0,25 mm x 0,5 mm, whereby the difficulty is to position this very thin strip around the tube, in order to stick the 1 mm tape strip beside it.
After having tested and rejected some holding methods, I came up with this Magnet sling, wherefore I clamped the strip at both ends between two small magnets and put it over the tube, which may seem adventurous,

but still have worked.

And in a similar way I would now have to glue 170 of such strips in case of emergency onto the LH2 Tank, whereby the 0,5 mm tape as a spacer should be a great relief.

And to such an emergency I really have to adjust myself now, because Michael Key today has given me a knock-back for reasons of time.

He means that he has only little time and would need it to spend on projects that are financially worthwhile for him. He would have the feeling that only the front ET part (LO2 Tank) would take a lot of development time, with the prospect, possibly to be able to sell only a few of them.

He had also hoped that the IT for the STS-135 SLWT for my ARC friend Michael (crowe-t) would be a quick and easy conversion, but also that was turned into a time-consuming project with several modifications.
Unfortunately, I have to accept his decision, so I will now fully be focused on my Scratch variant with those tape-rings and the Flour technique for the SOFI texture.

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)