View Single Post

Old 07-27-2018, 02:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
For the detailing part I have made the F1 in 1/48 on a kart; so you could see all the plumbing and whatnots around the engine. The 1/96th version I still plan to finish one day, will have clad engine bells. I already have some, so I'll show them here. One is finished, and one is almost finished.
(this has all been made a couple of years ago)

The blankets were reinforced with rivets. I tried to replicate that effect by using a slightly blunted-by-usage Dremel circle saw, which I made a handle for to roll it over the aluminium foil. (I used aluminium insulation tape for this, by the way, because it sticks.)
The cladding was made in parts, not just one piece wrapped around the engine. This also gave me the opportunity to 'rivet' the separate parts better.
Attached Thumbnails
F-1 Flight Batted Engines for Saturn V Card Kit-p1120238.jpg   F-1 Flight Batted Engines for Saturn V Card Kit-p1120239.jpg   F-1 Flight Batted Engines for Saturn V Card Kit-p1120240.jpg   F-1 Flight Batted Engines for Saturn V Card Kit-p1120241.jpg   F-1 Flight Batted Engines for Saturn V Card Kit-p1120244.jpg