View Single Post

Old 07-30-2018, 07:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 414.21 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickstef View Post
there is no file attached to your latest download
Sorry all, my low bandwidth connections let me down again. But that's a good thing as the file was missing 2 large tabs and updated credits to the paper model designers.

I'll also take this opportunity to suggest improvements to the model. It has large flat areas so I normally add internal formers/bracing to prevent oil-canning and add stiffness. Unfortunately it just barely fits in an A4 sheet so I didn't include them.

As a minimum I would put in a strip the same width as the base plate from the lower rear corner edge to the upper front corner edge like \, dividing the inside into 2 triangles. A better solution would be to add another strip that crosses the first like a letter X, going from the upper rear corner edge to the lower front corner edge, making sure to clear the rear of the half cab. For belt and braces type like me, the best is what looks like a combination of A and V, like chain link fencing. That'll be strong enough to be held by the sides without crushing.

Since this all adds weight the simple disk wheels have to be strengthened. The minimodels.cz folks simply wind a tire strip around an axle enough times until they get the right diameter and glue that to the disk. Since we only need half wheels just cut them in half, then glue those to the base plate and wheel so the wheel disks don't need to be cut out.

Last edited by lfuente; 07-30-2018 at 07:58 PM. Reason: added text