View Single Post

Old 07-31-2018, 05:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 285.85 MB
I think the two book I am wrangling with will get me started very well. I have also found a couple of 3D meshes I can load into Blender and turn around and look and details.

I have put all the books (also on other forums) that have been recommended on a list for future reading :-)

Just to clarify, the ships I want to design will not be copies of an existing ship but rather typical classes or designs that I will "make-up". So when I look at Bermuda Sloops, Brigs, Frigates and Galleons, I am studying the common features and then will design my version, with all the required adaptions to make it a good balance between good looks and easy build.

That being said, as I will show my progress, I do encourage and hope for solid feedback when I tackle each class of ship.

Right now I am looking into the details of specific rig parts, like where and how are the ratlines attached etc.

Next month might be slow with updates, as I will be making a Feudal Japan building for a change, but in my breaks I am compiling all the details I need so that the next ship is ready to be designed in September!

To be honest I was a little intimidated with the topic of rigs but even with the little I have read I start to understand it much better and actually enjoy how it all comes together.

It IS like learning a new programming language! I am a coder too :-)

Chris