View Single Post

Old 08-02-2018, 02:24 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
I appreciate your comments, fellas. It is a beautiful castle, Dieter. Thanks for sharing your photo.

I moved on to the cylindrical tower next. In my first build of this model, I messed up this part, scoring the glue tab all the way to the top, so that the tower had more of a teardrop shape. I was very careful not to repeat my error this time, and scored only the lower portion of the glue tab(s). The addition of the tower with it's decorative crenelations really adds to the eye appeal of the model. After the tower was glued on and offered some protection, I added the tall roof to the delicate bell tower, as well as the octagon shaped decorative lookout out front, and a small half cylinder to the side. Schreiber only colored 7 of the 8 panels on the lookout's steep roof, but this publisher's error was quickly remedied with water colors. So far the fit of each and every part has been perfect.
Attached Thumbnails
Schloss Lichtenstein redux-0726181857.jpg   Schloss Lichtenstein redux-0726181858.jpg   Schloss Lichtenstein redux-0730180823.jpg   Schloss Lichtenstein redux-0730180825.jpg