View Single Post

Old 08-04-2018, 01:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 414.21 MB
I've been distracted for the past few days as something was bothering me about the Knight Bus. I thought it'd be nice to have the characters accompany the bus in a diorama, and thought I'd seen 2D paper flats somewhere. I finally turned up some, but only Death Eaters at this webpage:
https://www.deviantart.com/paladin-e...aters-91302037

There's a link that should lead to a file with the main characters, but it's broken. Since I'm not a member can a Deviantart member reading this contact the author and ask him about it? He's commented that he'd like to see his files used, and this is as good a reason as any.

And take time to browse his site, there's plenty of useful figures in 1:72 scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfuente View Post
In a fit of whimsy I started a triple decker bus recolor just to see if I could, and here's the result.

Strictly speaking it isn't accurate for the Harry Potter books (supposedly a front entrance type), or the Prisoner of Azkaban movie (built from AEC Regent III RT buses). The book illustrators aren't consistent either, sometimes it looks like an AEC Routemaster and other times a generic Daimler/Guy/Leyland exposed radiator half-cab bus. I'd say my Daimler CVG5/A version is an equally legitimate interpretation.

Anyway, Jim Kay did some Knight Bus illustrations that had left and right front quarter views so that's what inspired this recolor - book version with advertisements, movie version without. Scale is 1:76 this time as I could barely fit this monster into an A4 page!

Hopefully this'll be beneath the notice of the Harry Potter merchandising empire, since it's Fan Art.

As usual this will be available pending moderator approval.