View Single Post

Old 08-16-2018, 11:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.13 MB
Hello from So. Cal.

Hi there....I'm new to the paper model world.

I have a person that in prison and I'm helping to look for some somewhat easy to build yet complex designs for them to build. He's already built a few planes and old ship all from scratch and pictures all out of scraps and toilet paper rolls and whatever he can get his hands on. Quite creative actually.

So far, he's made 4 items:
A tri-plane Red Baron with snoopy flying. This thing is so awesome and quite well done. Wingspan is about 12-15 inches wide and about 8-10 inches tall. All done in bright red paint. Have no clue where he get his supplies, but super impressed with the work done.

An old pirate battle ship. Also very cool looking and about 15 inches or so in length and about 15 inches tall.

He also made 2 Lockheed P-38 Lightnings. One is a bit off in it's proportions on the wings and the other a lot better. What I found interesting was that on one, he used an old pair of in-ear earphones for the landing gear.

I'll get some pictures tonight and hopefully post here tomorrow.

What I was thinking was rather than him scrounging for all the materials, I could print some designs, which would also give him more ideas on making his own designs, for him to make.

I'm not sure what I'm going to be allowed to mail in or have shipped in, so it will be trial and error to see what he can get.

Ken