View Single Post

Old 08-18-2018, 12:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Adobe Illustrator Alternative

I’ve been using Adobe software since 1987.
I have been furious over their decision to go CC with a monthly "rent" for using their software, I simply won’t do it.

I know a lot of folks on here use Inkscape but I just could never grasp it because Illustrator is so ingrained in my brain. I’m still limping along with CS3 but it is losing more and more functionality as I’ve had to update my computers operating software.

Well, I finally made the jump to a piece of software called Affinity Designer published by a company in England. Very nice software and you buy it/own it for $50 US (I got it for $35 US on sale), no monthly Adobe "toll" for using it.
Imports/ exports tons of formats including PSD and eps. I’ve brought in so many Adobe files seamlessly.
It is available for Mac and “PC.
It has a learning curve but am so happy to not have to be held hostage by Adobe. I also purchased an ebook for $10 US on Amazon to learn the software. Don’t be fooled by the ebooks single, one-star review. It is perfect for learning the basics of Affinity Designer and I’m very pleased with it also.

Hope maybe this can help someone else feeling abused by Adobe’s policies and practices.

A new real happy camper here.