View Single Post

Old 08-20-2018, 08:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.68 MB
I have always regarded their "ultra-realistic" series as basically impossible (for me, at any rate). I cannot in my wildest dreams imagine building one of these. It's like every hard thing in papercraft distilled into one model. But one of my favorite parts of the whole site is Nobutaka Mukouyama (the designer) offering helpful tips on how to do paper modelling:

"The secret to enhance the degree of perfection of paper craft is to never haste in front of ‘paper’ that has full of freedom. You may want to put your hands on immediately, but do not be so hasty, and calm yourself and concentrate.

The finished paper craft reflects 100% of the techniques and skills of who makes it. Your skills and experiences in handling paper, and ability to understand the characteristics of the material straightly become your work. Sharpen your senses, and refine your touches.”

I think I'm going to print that out and put it above my workbench. Sharpen your senses . . . refine your touches . . . never haste in front of paper. That's just absolutely awesome.