View Single Post

Old 08-29-2018, 08:30 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Smile Interesting possibilities...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceagent-9 View Post
another Orion ship on Star Trek Continues, is something like Matt Jefferies's glow in the dark model kit titled " UFO ". I'm glad they put that almost identical vessel on the screen.

Could you post a pic of it? I haven't seen that one.

The TAS ship was a bit silly looking but I wonder what it would look like if there had been a live version created. The Klingon BoP would have looked silly, animated, had we not seen the finely detailed model first? I bet a well colored model would have been interesting

The remastered TOS episode Journey to Babel featured an Orion ship that used a warp ring that was interesting in design.

The Orion interceptor (or marauder) in Enterprise was one of the most pleasing, and memorable designs of this species.

Sadly, perhaps the nicest Orion designs came from FASA. They were never shown except as technical readouts in Nxt Gen. The Orion Lightning was a very slick design; simple and compact. The Orion Wanderer from FASA also was screen shown in graphic, if not ever as a filming model (although upside down!!!). This was a very compelling design.

For some reason, Orion ships have rarely been the subject of paper models. I scratch built a Lightning, (with debatable results!!!) but unless I am wrong, no one has made a paper model of this race?

Now I know that Bones was working on a Kzinti ship, but maybe he'll consider an Orion? There was at least one from the TAS (subject-appropriate for this thread)?

Hmmmm...
Attached Thumbnails
TAS Star Trek Ships-star-trek-animated-series-orion-ship.jpg   TAS Star Trek Ships-eaglemoss_orion_scout_ship.jpg   TAS Star Trek Ships-orion_interceptors_firing_on_enterprise.jpg   TAS Star Trek Ships-orion-interceptor3-borderland.jpg   TAS Star Trek Ships-lightning-class.jpg  

TAS Star Trek Ships-orion_wanderer_class_v_blockade_runner.jpg