View Single Post

Old 09-02-2018, 04:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 103.90 MB
Odd Epinal church diorama

Here are a few pictures of a build I completed recently of Epinal no. 136, a "Tableaux Appliques" of the church of Saint-Julien des Menetriers. I had long wanted to build it, but the only file I could find of it was quite blurry. I had to guess at where the score lines might be. I later found a file of the same subject with much better resolution, but it had much duller colors and a postmark-like stamp in one corner, overlapping one of the parts. The model was designed to be built with tab-into-slot construction, but I used glued tabs instead. I had fit problems, evident in the second picture, at the bottom of part "D", the curved half-tower on the right (as you face the model). I think those were my fault and might come out better if I were to try again. There were four spikes that were supposed to surround the base of the spire, but I simple could not make out how they were supposed to be scored on my copy, so I omitted them. Other than those difficulties, I think it came out all right.
Attached Thumbnails
Odd Epinal church diorama-gedc1038.jpg   Odd Epinal church diorama-gedc1037.jpg   Odd Epinal church diorama-gedc1036.jpg