View Single Post

Old 09-12-2018, 12:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
Help needed, Scan - Copy - Paste - Print... sizing issue

Hello.

I'm having a problem I need some help or advice with and am a bit rusty on the graphics software, not that I was ever any good at it, last time I tried to do this it involved a lot of trial and error. More error than trial.

Basically, I'm building a model from a kit but I'm painting it in a way that will cause me to lose details such as control gauges and lettering etc. I want to scan these details and print them onto inkjet printable decal sheets so I can re-apply them where they belong after painting.

My first attempts haven't gone so well... I've scanned the parts to a file, opened this file in Paintshop Pro, then created a new image at A4 size, pasting selections into it from the scanned file, but the parts when pasted into the new file are about a quarter of their original size/scale.

Clearly there is a scaling issue somewhere, either in the scanned file or some settings in PSP but I'm not having any luck figuring it out.

Is there a simple way to do this? As in scan an image then copy/paste a selection from it to a new image while preserving the scale?

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000