View Single Post

Old 09-15-2018, 04:22 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 136.87 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomidefilho View Post
Let me give you an example: until a few years ago Aaron was against putting formers on his models. He would prefer the method of Fiddlers Green and the DGA, as he was creating more models he started putting formers into his designs. This certainly astonished modelers, who do not like or do not feel empowered to build with them. All the paper model designers I know, including some from major publishers like GPM. WAK, Etc. do not live this work, and I seem to be that question behind all this controversy. I still have not talked to Aaron and I will see if I can do this between today and tomorrow, although I say again: personal and subjective questions unfortunately we can not help. And even if we could, this help has a limit, even if it is material. I think we've exposed the problem too much, including exposing it, in an inappropriate place on this forum.
In my humble opinion, I have always thought that all models should include formers. The reasons are mainly twofold: a) It gives the model correct shape which is important if you are making an accurate replica and b) it also simplifies 100% assembly. When a model has no formers, it comes out flimsy not accurate and much, much more hard to build it accurately and straight. They also help to hold wing spars, landing gears and other structural parts of the model. If a guy dislikes formers, well, if they are included just throw them away.